In line with the General Data Protection Regulation, Redwood Search is committed to providing clarity regarding the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, who we share it with, and your data rights in terms of how your information is used, stored and shared.
Personal Information That We May Request from You
We will collect personal information about you using a variety of methods, such as (but not limited to) through our website, social media channels, events, surveys, job applications and interview and subsequent online, telephone and email contact. As part of providing our recruitment service, we may request the following types of personal information from you:
- Contact information (name, address, email address and telephone number).
- Employment history, education, qualifications, professional registrations and information about you provided in your CV or that you complete in our application form.
- Details of your skills, competencies and capability.
- Results of skills assessments,
- Information about citizenship, visa status and right to work in the UK.
- Results of criminal and other background checks.
- NI number.
- Date of birth.
- Details provided relating to age, gender, disabilities / health related information as well as information relating to other protected characteristics as defined under the Equality Act 2010 which may be gathered to support diversity monitoring.
- Details of those you provide as emergency contacts.
- Information provided about you in references.
- Information you provide about family, friends or other people you would like us to contact.
- Information you provide us with in surveys.
- Information about your performance on temporary assignments.
- Payroll and financial information (such as bank details, tax-related information, benefits you receive etc).
- Login details required for use of our website.
PLEASE NOTE: by completing our application form and other company or registration documentation, you are giving consent for us to use, store and share your personal data for the purpose of sourcing suitable work for you, monitoring/managing your assignments or placements and occasionally marketing relevant services that we provide to you. This is the legal basis on which we process your personal data and you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing Michelle McGovern at [email protected]redwoodsearch.co.uk or writing to Michelle McGovern, Redwood Search, Unit 9B Malvern Gate Business Park, Bromwich Road, Worcester WR2 4BN. We will stop processing if we have no other legal basis or requirement to do so.
Where the personal data collected includes sensitive/special category data, we will obtain a separate, explicit consent from you for this, which may be withdrawn in the same way. Examples of special category data include but are not limited to information about your health, race, sexual orientation, criminal convictions etc.
Automated Information We May Collect from You
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as using cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we may collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our website, dates and times of visits to our website and other usage statistics.
These are the cookies we use and why:
Cookies We Use
Why We Use Them
To improve performance of our website and ensure that content remains relevant and interesting to our audience.
A web beacon is an often-transparent small graphic image that is placed on a website or in an email that is used to monitor the behaviour of the user visiting the website or sending the email. It is often used in combination with cookies. We may obtain data (including but not limited to your browser information) through these automated collection methods as you click through various pages on our website. You may be able to restrict or disable certain types of cookies; however, this may prevent full use of all the features on our website. As required by law, we will obtain your consent before collecting personal data using cookies or similar automated means.
We may also use third-party apps, tools, plug-ins and widgets on our website and these may use automated means to collect information relating to how you interact with these features. Such information collected is subject to the privacy policies of those providers. and to applicable law. Redwood Search is not responsible for the practices of these providers.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We will use the information you provide to:
- Provide you with our recruitment services.
- Respond to your enquiries.
- Assess your suitability as a candidate and validate your experience, competence, qualifications, registrations etc as required by the position for which you are applying.
- Provide you with job opportunities and work.
- Provide career advice.
- Process payments to you and send you payslips.
- Monitor and manage your performance and discipline.
- Audit compliance with prevailing employment law and honour contractual agreements with our clients.
- Manage client relationships.
- Analyse data and trends from our websites and using data held on our recruitment software.
- Send you information about vacancies, promotional material and other communications (e.g. invitations to participate in our surveys or events).
- Prevent fraudulent and unlawful activity and comply with legal requirements, industry standards, contractual obligations and company policies/procedures.
- Improve our business services and the performance of our website.
Profiling and/or Automated Decision Making
We may also automatically process your personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to you and, in particular, to analyse and predict aspects of your suitability for work with our clients.
We may also use the personal data we hold, [as well as the profiling described above] to take automated decisions about your suitability for a work role, applying for such a role and providing our services to you. In this event we will notify you in advance and provide the opportunity to discuss and review any outcome with a member of our personnel.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we will request specific consent at or prior to the time of collection.
Your IP address may be disclosed to third-party analytics providers (e.g. Google Analytics, and Bing to help us analyse use of our website and track the effectiveness of our marketing activity.
Information We Share
We will only disclose personal information we collect about you to facilitate delivery of our services. As such your personal data may be shared with clients or organisations with whom we work to help you find a job.
[We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets. If we merge with, or are acquired by, another business, personal data held by us may be shared, but you will be sent notice in advance]
Where personal information is shared with a managed service provider or other 3rd party supplier, we do not authorise them to use or disclose your personal data except in the provision of the service that they have been engaged to supply or to comply with legislation.
Finally, we may disclose your personal data to comply with any applicable law, in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent activity or is based on a lawful disclosure request.
We will never:
- Sell your personal data to a third party.
- Share your personal data with a third party for marketing purposes without your consent.