Technical Support Advisor
£21K Per Annum
23 days holiday + bank holidays
Are you a motivated, proactive individual who thrives in a team environment?
Do you want to work for a company who pride themselves on delivering excellent customer service?
Our client is looking for an experienced Technical Support Advisor to add to their team in Reading. This role involves serving as a point of contact for customers and service providers and resolving any issues they may be experiencing whilst maintaining high levels of customer service
- Life Assurance
- Long service awards/bonuses
- Pension Scheme
- Birthday as an additional day off
- Company health care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday
- Discounted staff services
The company have a goal to shape technology and empower businesses with innovative digital services. They also have a strong belief in allowing individuals to progress within the company whilst having fun in the workplace
The Technical Support Advisor is required to deal with customer issues raised over the phone, email and internal ticket system, escalating tickets to support supervisors, management and/or network team where required.
- Deal with network cabling, racking/de-racking of server, rebooting servers and network devices, attaching KVMs to servers and at times escort vendors /customers to the appropriate data floor and assist where applicable.
- Act as a liaison between customers and the Network Team and assist with gathering correct data for troubleshooting, in order to resolve any network related issues.
- Hardware installation (Racking/Cabling/Memory/Hard Drives/Raid Cards)
- Software Configuration (Operating System Installation, updates, Control Panel’s, SQL Server
- Work with 3rd party service providers in order to process and analyse customer issues to resolution
- Help Desk or Technical Support Experience is a must
- Experience with Cabling and Network Wiring
- IT skills including Windows, Linux, Various VPS Platforms, (including KVM, OpenVZ, HyperV), Network Infrastructure,
- Understanding of DNS and Networking
- Hardware troubleshooting methodologies
For more information on this role please contact Karen at Redwood Search Recruitment Agency ,Worcester [email protected] 07771 806053