Senior Accountant – Practice
£45-55k – full or part-time and home working considered
Redwood Search is working with a client based in Evesham that have a requirement for a Senior Accountant. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Trust & Tax team and be a key component of the Accountancy Services & Business Advice team.
This is a senior role and could lead to further progression within the company. It would suit a general accountancy practitioner that possesses a working knowledge of a range of taxes, applicable for a variety of clients. If you are looking to move into the next stage of your career in a role where no one client is the same, this role could be the perfect fit for you.
Our client has developed over the last few decades to become the successful, progressive company they are today. They are made up of accountants, tax practitioners and business advisors that assist SME’s as well as high net worth clients with their accountancy needs. The equity partners share a large amount of experience in the industry which is reflected in the quality services they provide to their customers.
- Leading the firms Trust & Tax team, providing clients with compliance and tax advice
- Actively contributing to the preparation of tax computations, tax returns and associated documentation, reports and correspondence.
- Dealing with HMRC related work on the client’s behalf.
- Working with the larger team to provide accurate tax liability assessments and advice that reduces liability.
- Providing leadership, development and ensure the efficient operation of self-administered pensions schemes.
- Statutory accounts preparation and regular financial management reporting for a variety of companies and partnerships.
This role would suit an enthusiastic individual who is prepared to improve on areas they are unfamiliar with and be open to continual professional development. It is crucial that the candidate gains a full understanding of the administration side of the business in order to correctly process self-administered pension schemes and private trusts. The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of:
- SME corporation tax compliance and issues
- Personal taxation
- Trust taxation (further training can be provided)
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Confident communication skills
- Clear desire to grow the business and develop new business opportunities
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Capability to work in a small firm environment
- Be willing to train and mentor others where appropriate and function as part of a busy team.
If you are interested in this position of Sales Executive, please contact Edward Jukes for a confidential chat on 01905 27747 or simply apply for the role.