Sales Team Leader – Insurance experience is essential
£43-45K neg plus excellent benefits
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a Broking Team in Leeds as the Sales Team Manager for our client’s high performing and industry leading new business team. This is the perfect role for an individual with strong sales, leadership and operational qualities gained primarily within the insurance broking industry.
Our client is a respected and growing business, with an excellent reputation both locally and nationally and this is your chance to join a great business and to play a key part in their continued success.
Working within this established team as part of the preeminent global broker allows you the ability to further develop your career opening the door to a myriad of opportunities in the future.
What can you expect?
- An opportunity to lead an established and client focused new business broking team
- The platform to implement your leadership style and values in order to foster an engaged motivated and supported broking unit
- The opportunity to lead the operational development of the business through the promotion of best practice, achievement of productivity gains and alignment to the business strategy.
What is in it for you?
- A fantastic suite of employee benefits including an excellent pension contribution, private medical cover and life assurance
- A long term career path in risk management, insurance and client advisory services
- Opportunity to undertake professional qualifications via the Chartered Insurance Institute
- 27 days annual leave
We will count on you to:
- Lead the desk-based broking team within the Leeds office ensuring the team is providing cooperative and responsive operational support on a day to day basis
- Demonstrate effective and motivational performance management techniques to develop the broking team; setting professional standards / core competencies and to ensure staff are trained and supported to enable them to meet those standards.
- Drive revenue and performance to meet and exceed the required key performance indicators around sales and quality assurance.
- Undertake regular and effective 121 meetings and team communication sessions to ensure an engaged and collaborative working environment
- Build relationships with sector specific introducer associations to drive revenue and growth
What you need to have:
- A strong sales and leadership background and the ability to develop and nurture a high performing and engaged team
Insurance industry knowledge is essential