Are you an experienced payroller who is looking to become a Payroll Supervisor Worcester for a hard-working team, or currently supervising a team and looking for a new challenge?
Would you like to join a fast paced business who pride themselves on providing excellent service, working with one of the UK’s largest organisations?
Within a set of key performance indicators supervise the performance of a team of payroll administrators responsible for the accurate preparation and timely production of weekly outsourced payrolls for clients in accordance with both statutory and company rules and in a way that positively impacts client’s effectiveness, efficiency and confidence.
Coach and develop payroll administrators on the company systems, running weekly outsourced payrolls, calculating tax, NI and student loans etc. for performance improvement.
Create a team environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and a cohesive team effort aligned to Liaison’s vision and core values of ‘hard work, being caring, honesty and intelligence’.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- When required, able to provide managerial cover in the Payroll Operations Manager’s absence.
- Lead, supervise and coordinate the day to day workload of the team, prioritising high workloads, ensuring tasks are completed accurately and on time
- Produce and supervise the production of PSC Self Bill invoices.
- Supervise the production of P45, P46, P11, P60s and pensions details.
- Ensure RTI submissions across the team are accurate and timely.
- Ensure reconciliations across the team are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure key performance indicators (KPI’s) and service level agreements (SLA’s) are achieved.
- Ensure new starter records are maintained to reflect accurate information at all time and candidates’ timesheets are chased accordingly.
- Ensure across the team custom and HMRC reports are produced accurately and on time.
- Work closely with colleagues and the payroll team to ensure accuracy, timeliness and consistency of service provision.
- Identify training and development needs, ensuring that appropriate training/support is given in order to ensure that team members have the necessary skills to carry the work to the required standards. Preparation of development plans to meet individual and team needs.
- Meet with each team member on a monthly basis to discuss their performance against the agreed criteria recorded within the Performance Priorities Plan for the role and agree on an action plan for the following month. The criteria should include complaints and incidents, KPI performance, error levels, productivity, work volumes, client feedback and identified tasks, which require coaching assistance and plans.
- Encourage throughout the team, creativity and involvement in continual improvement.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration and act as a point of escalation.
- Promote and encourage a positive and world class approach to work aligned to service expectations.
- Strive for team consensus and maintain healthy team dynamics.
- Recognise and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance.
- Ensure all new entrants experience a consistent well organised (local) induction programme.
- Lead by setting a good example (role model)
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s /O level equivalent (grade c and above), – including Maths and English
- Demonstrable experience in running payrolls.
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office suite- particularly Outlook and Excel.
- Sound administration knowledge within a multifunctional environment where applicable.
- Working pensions knowledge.
- Sound knowledge of finance/accounting.