£26-28K Per Annum
Our client is looking for a confident Packaging Buyer to join their fast-expanding team in Worcester. They are a leading provider within their industry and work with large companies throughout the UK
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Gym membership
- Wellness programmes
The Packaging Buyer will manage supplier relationships and develop a strategic plan to reduce costs. A key duty is to support the teams in sourcing materials for new products and bespoke projects.
- Define sourcing strategies and establish business cases for own categories.
- Responsible for running commercial processes towards the supplier market, selecting and contracting suppliers.
- Build and strengthen strategic alliances with key suppliers
- Partner with the business and suppliers to manage effective inventory levels and anticipate any risk within the supply chain.
- Assure that you work closely with key stakeholders and secure supply, support price management, cost development, cost improvement, innovation, product development, specification improvement and growth initiatives.
- Plan, prioritize and communicate annual project pipeline of procurement projects
- Collating supplier quotations including pricing, product and palletization information
- Previous Experience in a Purchasing or Buyer role
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills ability to balance multiple priorities
For more information on this opportunity please contact Karen at Redwood Search Recruitment Agency, Worcester
[email protected] 07771 806053