Following sustained growth and investment, we are now looking to recruit a hands-on, forward-thinking and accomplished Production Manager to manage the Round Timber mill and associated functions. This role will suit someone with strong man-management skills and conversant with reporting on key measurement data overseeing the day-to-day activities and maximising plant efficiency.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Day to Day Management and Safe Operation of the Round Timber Manufacturing Plant.
· Driving throughput measures and ensuring all reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
· Ensuring all SSOW are followed.
· Ensuring all mandatory PPE is worn.
· Ensure key inbound raw timber checks are completed.
· Oversee weekly inventory counts are completed on Raw Timber.
· Ensuring all mandatory daily machine inspections are completed.
· Supervision of sub-contractors not covered by Maintenance.
· Support Maintenance to aid delivery of key PPM schedules.
· Support and coach the Manufacturing Team in delivering the required daily work tasks to achieve maximised equipment uptime and productivity.
· Ensure all support processes including Production Dashboard, Production Planning, Daily Performance Documentation, Quality Control, Raw Material and Purchase Order management are maintained and delivered to the required standards.
· Working with the site Compliance Officer to ensure all Health and Safety documentation is completed in line with policy and legislation.
· Working with the Operations Manager and Compliance Officer in ensuring all Health and Safety audit actions are prioritised and completed.
· Report as required any Health and Safety issues through the appropriate communication channels.
· Ensure all areas of responsibility are maintained to the highest 5S standards.
· Actively participate in and support process improvement initiatives including Manufacturing, Quality, ISO, Operator Development, Health and Safety and Operational Management.
· Carry out as required Tool Box talks.
· Manage all disciplinary and performance personnel scenarios within the mill environment.
· Assist the Operations Manager in maintaining all mandatory training qualifications relating to the specific job role
· Attend as required training courses identified to enhance own job role.
Skills/Qualifications & Attributes:
· Experience in SAGE 1000 or similar packages.
· Strong man-manager and leadership skills.
· Competent use of all Microsoft Office programs.
· Compile, analyse and communicate data confidently.
· Able to lead manage and develop a team.
· A proactive, self-motivated individual with meticulous attention to detail.
· Can demonstrate previous examples of key roles and responsibilities.
· Comfortable communicating at all levels.
· Thrives on working at pace in a busy environment handling multiple priorities.
· Able to plan, prioritise and deliver to target timelines.
· Experience of stock control and perpetual inventory counting.
For further information contact Karen:@redwoodsearch.co.uk