Redwood Search are currently working with a well-established international manufacturing business who are looking for a Management Accountant to join their accounts department.
The ideal candidate will take ownership of the preparation of the Management Accounts. Act as the primary contact for payroll queries and complete schedules for payroll bureau. To help with the forecasting process. Gain knowledge of all aspects of the accounting function and cover for finance colleagues in Projects, Service, AP, AR roles.
Duties will include;
To work with the Financial Controller and take ownership of the preparation of the management accounts:
- To produce monthly management accounts and reporting pack.
- Generate accrual and pre-payment schedules and postings.
- Reviewing operating expense accounts and working with managers to identify overspends and savings opportunities against budget and forecast.
- Ensure employees complete timesheets and help produce labour and overhead recovery reports
- Stock accounting, review slow-moving stock, provide for obsolescence in line with company policy
- Weekly and monthly sales reporting and order intake reporting
- To accumulate and generate payroll information for the payroll bureau. Act as the primary contact for pay queries and maintain P11D and company car details.
- To help with the forecasting process including:
- Produce a rolling 13-week cash flow forecast and reconcile to bank and cashbook
- Assist in production and review of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Review and approve expenses in line with company policy
- To develop the management accounts and improve the quality and timeliness of reporting
The ideal candidate will be;
- AAT qualified and ready to start or early on the CIMA/ACCA pathway
- Experience of working within an accounting environment essential
- Knowledge of SAP or other financial systems essential
- Good numerical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft products
- Willingness to review what is currently done and suggest improvements