Website Redwood Search Recruitment Agency Worcester
Management Accountant – Cheltenham
Are you looking for a role where you can develop under the guidance of an experienced Financial Controller, and which will allow you to work towards taking full control of the monthly management accounts?
This Management Accountant vacancy will allow you to work for a growing business in the technology sector, who put a lot of emphasis on staff development, and ensuring their employees have all the tools required to further progress within their career.
This role is newly established and will involve close interaction with the Financial Controller and other team members. This opportunity for progression creates an opportunity to develop with the business as the Finance Function supports delivery of the business plan.
The successful candidate will receive full support from the Financial Controller but will be expected to contribute (in time) and work under their own initiative. Personal motivation and a desire to learn / progress is essential.
Accounts processing activities to include, but not limited to:
- Processing staff expenses & setting up monthly payment run
- Setting up the salaries payment run
- Creating customer invoices for completed orders
- Assisting with credit control queries
- Setting up new customers including credit checks
- Supporting the finance assistant with the purchase ledger
- Onboarding new suppliers
Month / Quarter end activities to include, but not limited to:
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Submission of EC Sales list
- Intrastat returns
- Bank Reconciliations
- Preparation of overhead accrual schedules and processing Journals
- Preparation of overhead prepayments and processing Journals
- Deferred income reconciliations
Management information, reporting, systems and processes
- Management Accounts preparation – support
- Data collation and preparation of Management KPI Reports
- Ad hoc reporting
- Assisting with system & process improvements
The Ideal candidate with have proven experience within a finance department reporting either to a Finance Manager / Financial Controller. You will be at least AAT qualified and will have a proven track record of delivering the monthly management accountants on time and in full.
The salary for the successful candidate will between £25,000 – £30,000 as well as receiving 24 days holiday. Staff parking is available at no cost, and you will benefit from regular team socials. This is a social business where people enjoy going to work and feeling part of a very strong team.
For more information please contact Edward Jukes on 01905 27747.