The Logistics Manager will be responsible for all product storage and on-site distribution of products to ensure that they are delivered to the right location on time, to the quality required and in the most cost-effective way to all production areas. The Logistics Manager will manage Goods Inward, Forklift Truck Drivers, Kitting and Line Feed Personnel ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Responsible for ensuring all Health & Safety and Company policies are adhered to at all times to ensure the safety and well being of staff and visitors.
- Use of IT systems to manage inventory movements and processes to ensure that products are stored, handled and moved to production lines in line with the production schedules. Ensure these systems are effective, maintained and accurate.
- Defining departmental strategies for appropriate inventory levels, eliminating obsolete and off-spec material, and reduce ageing material.
- Develop and maintain transportation equipment
- Create, manage and achieve the overall logistics departmental budget
- Ensure the Logistics Department complies with ISO 9002 requirements
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the department to ensure set targets are achieved.
- Participates in developing the team through performance management.
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained and accurate
- Develop a set of departmental objectives/KPIs and for review and assessment going forward.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Hold relevant qualifications and systems training associated with Logistics Management
- Minimum 5 of years’ experience working in a fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Must have effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail.
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Highly skilled communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to manage projects with thorough planning and detailed execution.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Manufacturing focused
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills
- Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and to manage competing priorities
- Self-motivated, flexible and works well under pressure
If you are interested, please contact Chris for a confidential chat on 01905 27747 or simply apply for the role.
Furthermore, if you know a Logistics Manager that may be interested in the position, we have a referral scheme where you can earn £250 in vouchers, to find out more or refer a friend visit our reward page.