Redwood Search is currently working with a fantastic international manufacturing business who are looking for an IT Manager to join their team. They will be responsible for the management and development of the IT department and staff, ensuring that current tasks are completed as well as focusing on improvements and future developments.
Duties will include;
- To manage and develop IT staff
- To balance the workload of the department making sure essential tasks are prioritised
- To maintain the security of the networks by maintenance of software and physical backups.
- To provide technical support for staff and management in all matters relating to IT and telephone systems installed at the offices.
- To form and maintain mutually supportive relationships with IT specialists throughout the business.
- To take charge of the physical security and maintenance of the installed Server rooms and contents.
- To take charge of the in-house maintenance of the telephone systems (both fixed-line, data and mobile)
- To keep up to date with technologies appropriate to the role and to provide strategic support and advice to management on subjects concerning IT and communications systems
- To carry out any other duties as reasonably required commensurate with the nature of the job and level of responsibility
The ideal candidate will have;
- Experience in managing teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- Excellent technological knowledge
- Flexibility to travel to other UK Sites and other Worldwide Affiliates as required
- Ability to prioritise support work and provide clear reports to management.
- Knowledge of phone and communications systems
- Ability to work alone and occasionally out of normal hours