As an Insurance Advisor Consultant, you’ll be a key point of contact within your branch. Whether your day-to-day involves building rapport with new clients, or maintaining existing accounts, you’ll provide great client service, be a great listener and help people get the desired outcome.
As you expand your knowledge of our products and services, you’ll educate on our offering and guide our clients to choose the insurance that suits them. From day one, you’ll enter an environment where ideas are welcomed and progression is encouraged.
Whatever your background, if you have strong client-facing experience and you want to develop your career, if you apply yourself, you’ll reap the rewards and if you thrive for more, there will be plenty of opportunities to take your career to the next level.
- You will enjoy having conversations with people, listening and building relationships as it’s important that we really get to know our clients and understand their requirements.
- You have awesome problem-solving skills – all of our clients are totally unique, so we need to come up with tailor made solutions as we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach
- You may currently be working in a sales role and are now looking for a career. We don’t require any previous experience as we offer on-site training, workshops, coaching and will support you through industry qualifications.
- You will be ambitious. We promote within, everyone in a leadership position started out as an Insurance Advisor – We give you all the tools, all we ask from you is the desire to succeed.
We believe that great work and dedication should be rewarded, that’s why we offer:
- Excellent training from day one, beginning with a thorough induction, our Onboarding and Training teamwork through a structured in branch, eLearning and classroom programme to cover everything you need to excel within your new role.
- Clearly defined development schemes with accelerated career progression opportunities
- Career enhanced training including assessment days, talent academies, upskilling etc.
- Mentor and training schemes for our future leaders and Branch Managers
- Company funded CII professional qualification
- 22 days holiday, increasing to 27 days through service (plus bank holidays)
- Access to hundreds of high street retailer discounts through the company’s reward and recognition platform
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support employees outside of work
- Employee discount on wide range of insurance products
- A range of benefits including Contributory pension scheme and Death in Service, this is the perfect place for you to take your career. You’ll have every opportunity to progress, work within the local community and reap the rewards that you deserve