Website Redwood Search Recruitment Agency Worcester
Finance Officer Worcester £25,500
To provide support to the Deputy Chief Finance Officer through the provision of effective and timely financial and management information.
- To support the Deputy Chief Finance Officer in the effective management of budgets, ensuring value for money is achieved and that spend against budgets is accurately recorded and reported.
- To monitor trends of expenditure for all pay, non pay and income budgets, identifying any areas of concern and explaining variances to budget.
- To support the Deputy Chief Finance Officer in setting the annual pay, non pay and income budgets.
- To ensure accounting procedures are followed at period end and year end to facilitate timely and accurate management and statutory reporting. This will involve posting journals and virements in accordance with financial rules and polices.
- To promote compliance with financial regulations, accounting instructions and other statutory instruments. This may include carrying out management audits for certain areas of the business.
- To correctly account for any grant money awarded.
- Ensure that grant returns are completed accurately and by the required deadlines.
- To provide administration for the grant allocation process, including the monitoring and logging of grant applications as they are submitted, creation of grant agreements, raising payment requests and filing of key documents in accordance to audit requirements.
- To build and sustain effective relationships with external contacts
- To provide financial and administrative support through the system including the ability to create suppliers, raise purchase orders, goods receipt and processing invoices.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, including cover for colleagues, as required.
The ideal candidate
AAT qualification or willingness to study for AAT qualification.
5 A-C grade GCSEs (Or Equivalent) including Maths and English
A clear understanding financial regulations and policies and an appreciation of wider accounting regulations and principles
Experience of budgeting and budgetary control in a professional Accounting environment within the Public Sector
Operating and extracting data from a finance system
Experience of working in a statutory or public sector framework
Competent in the use of IT packages including Microsoft packages or equivalent
Good verbal and written communication skills with a high level of literacy and numeracy
Ability to work within a team environment
tight deadlines and prioritise a demanding workload
Ability to research and analyse large volumes of information and prioritise as appropriate
The ability to deal tactfully and appropriately with people at all levels, exhibiting sound judgement and high degree of emotional intelligence
The ability to deal with all confidential matters with absolute discretion and integrity
For further information please contact Edward Jukes at Redwood Search Recruitment agency Worcester