Website Redwood Search Recruitment Agency Worcester
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Export Manager to join and manage a very busy Export Department.
In this role, you will be responsible for the management of 2 Export Customer Service Executives who process sales orders and answers queries from International Customers, whilst also working closely with Distributors, Sales Managers and Factories.
The team produce/obtain all export documentation required and work with the Chamber of Commerce when necessary.
A busy and challenging role where you will be liaising with freight forwarders to schedule collections for on-time delivery of all shipments and maintaining outstanding customer service.
As Manager of the Export Department, you will be required to work closely with your team to provide support and coaching where required and undertake regular reviews of all export documentation to ensure full compliance of all export activities.
This role would suit an experienced and customer-focused Export Manager, with a strong Export Customer Services background, looking for a new challenge or the next step in their career.
- Managing a team of Export Customer Service Executives.
- Handling a high volume and range of customer queries via phone and email.
- Provide quotations and process customer sales orders via the company’s ERP system.
- Undertake contract review and provide order acknowledgments as required.
- Process and place direct shipment orders with the factories via the company’s ERP system.
- Managing multiple direct customer web portal systems and adhering to individual customer process requirements and SLA’s.
- Monitor the progress of all orders to ensure on-time delivery. Pre-empting problems, acting and expediting as required
- Monitoring buffer stocks with factories overseas.
- Ensure that requests for product information and samples are despatched in a timely manner.
- Act as regular liaison with major International customers and freight forwarders.
- Action customer requests for changes in order quantities, re-scheduling deliveries or advice on lead times.
- Advising customers of supply changes and updating customer web portal systems with shipping documents in a timely fashion. Liaising closely with International Sales Managers to manage customers’ expectations, maintain desired supplier ratings and deliver outstanding customer service.
The Ideal candidate will have the below experience:
- Previous Export Management experience, with a Hands-on Approach is essential
- Commercial awareness.
- Significant leadership ability, minimum of 3 years managing a team.
- A strong level of knowledge and experience in Export, with a thorough understanding of export documentation and procedures:
- Certificates of Origin, Certificates of Conformity, Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists.
- A proven record of an exceptional level of customer service and building relationships with export customers.
- A relationship builder who understands the need to build productive working relationships and the need to maintain high levels of co-operation and communication with the sales team.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, with an ability to work efficiently across different time zones
- A methodical approach to managing workload, with the ability to prioritise and at times to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- An ability to consistently meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining good judgement and decision making.
For further information please contact Edward Jukes at Redwood Search Recruitment agency Worcester.