To maximise cash collection and minimise overdue debt through effective chasing of outstanding invoices. Maintenance of ledger to include inputting and allocation of payments received. Close liaison with other internal departments to resolve queries.
- Responsible for effective chasing of overdue debt by phone, e-mail and letter.
- Input on the ledger payments received and accurate allocation.
- Reconciliation of debtor and some other ad-hoc accounts.
- Accurate and timely recording of queries and liaising with other internal departments to resolve queries to conclusion.
- Ensure customer static data is updated to reflect up to date information relating to the debtor accounts.
- Develop effective relationships with customers and internal colleagues to promote prompt payment and enhance customer service.
- Produce accurate weekly and ad-hoc reports to be included in management reporting pack.
- Actively engage in debt reviews with internal contacts and customers.
- Any other duty as reasonably required by Management.
- Able to use own initiative, make decisions and judgments when necessary.
- Able to communicate with customers and internal departments at all levels.
- Intermediate Excel skills to include working knowledge of lookups, pivot tables and sort features.
- Skilled at coordinating information from various sources to resolve customer queries that have led to non-payment of invoices.
- Confident in customer and internal meetings.
- Able to Identify and assess root causes of non-payment and/or repetitive queries and assist in implementing solutions.
- Ability to work consistently well and accurately under time deadline challenges
- Ability to work well in a team and individually.
- To act as a role model in demonstrating the Company values and carry out any other duties as reasonably requested.
- Skilled and organised in administration and filing to aid in debt collection, query resolution and Audits.
- Experience in a credit control role with the desire and ability to enhance skills further through on the job and external training.