Are you experienced in Residential Conveyancing and looking for the next step in your career?
Are you a Secretary that would like to move up to assisting the fee earner and progress your skills?
We are seeking a Conveyancing Assistant who would be responsible for providing legal assistance and working with clients. The firm is known for the friendly atmosphere within their team and dedication to the promotion of a work-life balance.
- Preparing contract reports
- Adhere to and promote compliance with the Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Conveyancing Protocol, the firm’s policies, practices and procedures; legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
- Through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
- Review titles and raise enquiries
- Issuing Sale Contract Packs
- Preparing Search Reports
- Preparing Mortgage Reports
- Preparing Draft Completion Statements
- Preparing SDLT and Land Registry Application and deal with any requisitions raised.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least one-year Conveyancing experience either as a Secretary or Assistant
- Legal qualification is preferred but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal with all levels within an organisation and relieve potential conflicts
- A client-focused approach to service delivery
- Ability to organise your workload to meet tight deadlines
- Strong experience in using Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Strong experience using Case Management Systems
- Experience of sales, purchase, freehold, leasehold, remortgage, transfer of equity, equity release, new build and unregistered property