Accounts Assistant – Evesham – £18-20k
The Purpose of This Job
The key purpose of the role of Accounts Assistant is to assist with the smooth operation of the sales ledger accounts department ensuring that customer invoices are paid on time and the company’s nominal ledger is accurate and up-to-date. Professional and timely communications with customers play a vital role in this position to enable us to maintain our excellent reputation. Customer payments should be kept up-to-date each month as well as customer credits owed to the customer.
- Process accounts receivable & cash receipts
- Printing & posting customer invoices.
- Maintaining the filing of customer invoices/delivery notes.
- Checking customer invoices with no delivery notes. These invoices then need to be raised.
- Sending customer invoices electronically via EDI.
- Opening credit accounts in line with the company policy.
- Ensuring the timely collection of customer account payments and chasing overdue debtors who have exceeded our payment terms.
- Entering customer invoice discrepancies on to the company CRM system to be followed up and actioned.
- Assisting the Finance Manager.
- Following credit control debtor letter process & sending statements
- Maintaining the accounts email inbox
- Running and analysing detailed reports to identify missing invoices.
- Ensure all accounting policies, systems and procedures are adhered to.
- Assisting with the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Processing cash sale refunds
- Respond to internal and external customer queries promptly and via an appropriate method.
- Assisting the Finance Manager
- Identifying possible system improvements and putting forward to the Finance Manager to initiate corrective actions.
- Purchase Ledger cover will be required, but full training on each role will be given.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to deal with large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Problem solving skills